[mlpack] Fwd: mlpack:GSOC'17

abhinav kumar abby37kapoor at gmail.com
Wed Feb 22 12:03:16 EST 2017

Hey,
Thank you for reply.
I was going through the mlpack source code and found SGD is already
implemented. So I have to write the implementation of SCD and its code
should be written with OpenMP along with code of SGD ? I have seen there is
OpenMP implementation of LSH search and this ticket number (#179)
<http://www.mlpack.org/trac/ticket/179> is about parallelism of mlpack. Can
you point me to other OpenMP implementation in mlpack so that I can study
them.

I was looking at the Issue 401 <https://github.com/mlpack/mlpack/issues/401> on
github and I thought it is a good starter for me to work on. It will help
me to learn convex optimization and make a contribution to mlpack. I have
some doubt ( or less knowledge ) regarding that how constraints to be
written for that. It would be great if you can point me some resource
regarding that.

Another thing is there any other issue or  work I should look for this
project ?

Thanks,

Abhinav Kumar
NIT Srinagar