[mlpack] Hello Everyone

Vivek Pal vivekpal.dtu at gmail.com
Sat Feb 4 09:20:01 EST 2017

Thanks Marcus and Ryan for your replies.

Please accept my apologies for the late reply. This week at college has
been quite a busy one.

Following your advice, I went through previous year discussions on these
two ideas and was
able to find some interesting conversations on both of them. I came across
some papers [1, 2]
which were recommended as a good read to gain some theoretical knowledge of
the proposed
models.

I'm going to spend next few days reading those papers and also will try to
share with you some
new ideas/thoughts as they manifest for some constructive feedback and
discussion thereupon.

Also, I noticed that PR #831 was finally merged. I think it's also good
time for me to start making
a broader sense out of it to understand the current state of ANN modules.

About that -- it'd be great help if Marcus could summarise a bit about his
thoughts on the current
state and near-future changes that are expected in this module as it is
closely to Deep Learning
Modules project idea and has direct effect on its future shape.

Also, looking forward to the updated ideas wiki page. :)

[1] https://mailman.cc.gatech.edu/pipermail/mlpack/2016-March/000842.html
[2] http://knife.lugatgt.org/pipermail/mlpack/2016-March/002578.html

Thanks,
Vivek Pal