[mlpack] GSoC 2017 : Getting Started.

Marcus Edel marcus.edel at fu-berlin.de
Thu Feb 23 20:38:20 EST 2017

Hello Agneet,

thanks for getting in touch and welcome!

To be successful at any of the two projects, you should have a good knowledge of
deep learning; i.e., you should be familiar with the way neural networks are
typically built and trained, and certainly you should be familiar with the
individual components that you plan to implement. In addition, each project
comes with a bunch of interesting references that might help to get familiar
with the ideas behind each model.

Also, make sure to take a look at:

http://www.mlpack.org/involved.html
http://www.mlpack.org/gsoc.html

Once you get comfortable with the basic design of mlpack, you can take a look at
the list of open issues on Github and maybe you can find an easy and interesting
bug to solve.

I hope that helps, let me know if I can clarify anything.

Thanks,
Marcus